It could be very irritating if your computer restarts itself. You can loose unsaved work and your Hard disk can also be damaged.
Checklist to correct this problem
1. Clean the RAM slot
Remove the RAM from the motherboard and clean the RAM slot with a dry brush. Accumulated dust in the RAM Slot prevents the connection and your PC restarts itself whenever your computer goes low on memory. Cleaning the RAM slot and reinserting the RAM could solve this problem. This is the most common reason for this problem.
2. Faulty Power Supply
If cleaning RAM slot doesn't help then it is possible that your power supply is faulty. Try replacing it with a new one.
3. Over heating
If your CPU fan is not doing its job properly then your processor may get heated up and cause your computer to reload. When buying computer always install a good quality CPU Fan.
If you are one of those unfortunate ones who use Windows Operating System then Virus could be causing your PC to reboot. Update your Anti-Virus software definitions regularly.
5. Motherboard is Faulty
If none of the above solutions work then your Motherboard is not good. Get a new Motherboard :)
In most of the cases the problem get solved by cleaning the RAM slot and in few cases replacing power supply or CPU Fan.
Mobile: +919811787069 (Send me an email/SMS)
- Drupal Expert - I provide Online Drupal Training through video tutorials at www.SlashNode.in
- JIRA/Greenhopper Consultancy and Training - I provide JIRA Consultancy
- Photographer and Blogger - I love capturing moments and writing about my life at www.RaviSagar.in
- Travel Blogger - I just started writing about Travelling in India at www.IndiaUnveiled.in
Lead Engineer in Alcatel-Lucent, Gurgaon (March 2011 to Current)
- Working in R&D Business Analytics & Tools Management Team
- Implementation and Support of the following Tools - JIRA (Defect Tracking & Agile), LAWSON (Time Tracking), DCT (Defect Tracking), ACCEPT 360 (Requirements Managment) and lots of other tools
Senior Executive in Alcatel-Lucent, Gurgaon (November 2007 to March 2011)
- Working in R&D Business Analytics & Tools Management Team
- Maintain Project Management Tool for Project Tracking and Competency Management
- Doing Quantitative Analysis of Project data using Project Management techniques like Earned Value Management
- Help Project Managers to identify Variance in Cost and Schedule at early stages of Project
- Advanced data analysis of Project data and creating statistical reports with the help of Excel VBA Programming
- Managing Projects of the company using Enterprise Project Management tool - Microsoft Project Server 2007
- Administration and Troubleshooting Microsoft Project Server 2007 related issues
- Provide Training to Project Managers on Microsoft Project Professional and Project Server 2003
- Provide Training to Employees on Microsoft Excel VBA Programming
Project Coordinator in Kaplan India private limited (April 2007 to November 2007)
- To prepare multiple project schedule with team leads/manager inputs
- To provide updates and feedback to senior management on project progress/deviation against the plan
- To track multiple project status and update plan with inputs from leads/Managers
- To regularly monitor team deliverables and escalate if there is a gap
- To regularly baseline the project plan and consolidate the efforts
- Propose ways to continually improving internal processes
- To proactively flag any delays or issues with the progress
- To work closely with Project leads on project status and schedule
Implementation Analyst in Kaplan India private limited (November 2004 to March 2007)
- Handling Product Support team which includes database, GUI and data processing work
- Coordination and communication across cross-functional teams
- Working with Business Analyst and Account Manager in various activities like reviewing the client's requests, technical documentation, presentations etc.
- Creating technical documentation like Proposals, System Requirement Specification (SRS), Project Management Plan, Configuration Management Plan and Help Manual
Account Manager/Project Coordinator (International Business) in Olive e-business private limited (April
2004 to October 2004)
- Preparation of technical documents like System Requirement Specifications (SRS), Project Management Plan, Configuration Management Plan, High Level Design, Case studies and Help
- Interaction and Coordination with Clients
- Interaction with international clients to take the requirement specifications, requirement analysis and making proposals
- Handling Project related problems and coordinating with developers/designers
- International Enquiry handling, communication with prospect client for the requirement details, drafting of commercial as well as technical proposal and quotation
- Enforcing Quality Standards, Modular and Integrated Testing
* M-Tech (Computer Science) from IIT Delhi, Delhi 2005(I got expelled after 1st Sem)
* B-Tech (Information Technology) from Amity School of Engineering and Technology, GGSIPU, Delhi 1999-2003(72%)
* DNIIT (A two year Diploma) from NIIT Punjabi bagh, Delhi
* XIIth from D.L.D.A.V. Sr. Sec. Model School, Shalimar bagh 1998-1999 (78%)
* Xth from D.L.D.A.V. Sr. Sec. Model School, Shalimar bagh 1996-1997 (73.2%)
* Secured 98.98 percentile in GATE IT (2005), All India Rank: 79th
* Secured All India Rank: 4th in GGSIPU Engineering Entrance Examination(1999)
* Received Excellence Award (2006) in Kaplan Financial for outstanding performance
* Planning, Deploying, and Managing an Enterprise Project Management Solution (Microsoft Course # 2732)
* C# Tutor for Amity School of Engineering and Technology. It teaches the C# language using computer
graphics and mouse programming. It was build using C++ and Visual Basic 6.0
* BACFO Sales Project for BACFO Pharmaceuticals. The software was created for maintaining the sales
detail of the company in various regions. It was build using Visual Basic 6.0 and MS-SQL
* Easy Edit for Amity School of Engineering and Technology. It was a text editor for creating and updating
text document with context sensitive help feature. This was build purely using C++
* Project Management and Project TrackingTechniques
* Drupal Installation, Configuration and Customization
* Languages: Used to like C/C++ in college days, want to learn Python.
* Platform: Linux (Fedora), Windows, VMWare
* Databases: MySQL, MS-SQL, Oracle
* Tools: Project Server, MS-Project, Advanced Excel using VBA Macro Programming, MS-Access
My friend Vinod gave me a problem to change the background color of entire row to Red and also to change the font to bold. It seems to be an easy task but there are two constraints.
1. He want to do this only for those lines which has font color of red.
2. There are 2500 entries in the excel.
Now if you have plenty of time then you can do this task in some hundred years :) but I am a Lazy guy so I wrote this little Macro code.
Private Sub Workbook_Open() For Each cell In Worksheets("sheet1").Range(Worksheets("sheet1").Range("A1"), _ Worksheets("sheet1").Range("A1").End(xlDown)) If cell.Font.Color = RGB(255, 0, 0) Then cell.Font.Color = RGB(0, 0, 0) cell.EntireRow.Font.Bold = True cell.EntireRow.Interior.Color = RGB(255, 0, 0) End If Next cell End Sub
You can write this code either in the Open Event of the Workbook or write a Module for it.
For Each cell In Worksheets("sheet1").Range(Worksheets("sheet1").Range("A1"), Worksheets("sheet1").Range("A1").End(xlDown))
This code simply defines the range starting from cell A1 till the bottom most cell which has any data.
This is similar to pressing Ctrl + Down Arrow
cell.Font.Color = RGB(0, 0, 0)
This code changes the font color of the cell content
cell.EntireRow.Font.Bold = True
This code changes the font to Bold
cell.EntireRow.Interior.Color = RGB(255, 0, 0)
This code fills the cell with Red color