Bitbucket on Cloud is different from Bitbucket on Server or Data Center. This page will list those differences
- On Cloud there is a workspace
- Workspace > Project > Repository
- All the repositories, permissions, users and groups are managed at workspace level.
- There are projects on cloud as well but it is a bit limited in functionality. No permissions at project level on cloud.
- On Data Center there are projects
- Project > Repository
- Projects can have permissions, access keys
- Cloud Workspace is like System Administration on DC
- Repository administrator
- Same on Cloud and DC
- In Bitbucket Cloud, every repository within a workspace or a project must have a unique name, unlike Bitbucket Server where repositories in two different projects can have the same name
- User and group access: same on cloud and server
- Branch permission: Same on cloud and server
- Access keys: same on cloud and server
- Push log: only on server
- Audit log: only on server
- Branching model: Same on clod and server
- Hooks: On server
- Workflow management
- There are Branch permissions on both cloud and server
This page has details.
Migrating from Bitbucket Cloud to Server
- Resolve open pull requests on cloud
- Make cloud repository read-only
- Create a project on server
- Setup permissions on server
- Create a repository and import. This page has details.
- Meta data like pull requests, users, permissions will not be migrated, it has to be done manually
- Atlassian also has this stash importer script written in scala.
Migrating from Bitbucket Server to Cloud