Author of "Mastering Jira 7" books. Loves #ScriptRunner #Jira and #Drupal. #ProblemSolver, #Atlassian #Consultant & #Developer, #Technologist and uses #Emacs
Email: ravi at sparxsys dot com, ravisagar at gmail dot com
Atlassian consultant, developer & trainer with over 18 years of experience in telecom, online education industry and banking sector. Done extensive work in implementing, customising and rolling out Atlassian tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, Fisheye/Crucible. Keen interest in migration, consolidation, automation and integrating Jira with other tools. Written books on Jira and runs a YouTube channel to share knowledge around not only Atlassian tools but also Linux and open source. Also loves writing blogs and speaks regularly at various events and conferences. Plenty of experience in Drupal development, building accessible websites for government bodies and non profit organisations. Founded Sparxsys Solutions, an Atlassian Consultation and Drupal Development company in Delhi.
Expertise in these Atlassian tools and apps: ScriptRunner for Jira, Structure, eazyBI, Advanced Roadmaps, Insight, Insight Discovery, Jira Software, Jira Service Management, Confluence, Bitbucket, Fisheye/Crucible, Automation Rules.
Key skills: Consulting, Business Analysis, Trainings/Workshops/Coaching, Technical Writing, Digital Transformations, Agile, SAFe, Building courses
Technical skills: Groovy, Java, PHP, Shell Scripting, Linux, Open Source, REST API, Databases.
- Author of "Mastering JIRA 7 - Second Edition"
- Author of "Jira Quick Start Guide"
- Author of "Jira 7 Essentials" (Video course)
- Author of "Jira 7 Guide for Administrators and Developers" (Video Course)
- Author of "Mastering JIRA"
- Author of "Your Definite Guide - To Build a Fantastic Blog in Drupal"
- Atlassian Certified Jira Administrator"
- Atlassian Certified in Agile Development with Jira Software"
- Atlassian "Advanced Jira Workflows Badge"
- Certified SAFe 4 Agilist
- Certified SAFe® 5 Program Consultant
- Microsoft Certified in "Planning, Deploying, and Managing an Enterprise Project Management Solution (Microsoft Course # 2732)"
Senior Technical Consultant in Adaptavist, London, United Kingdon (January 2019 - Present)
He works on projects of all sizes, from brief help and advice consultancies, to large, multi-system long term engagements. The consultancies include systems analysis with a view to improving process and efficient usage of tools, also involved in installation, migration, upgrades, migrations, consolidations identifying when the products can meet requirements or require apps or new development, training of both users and administrators.
- Key ScriptRunner for Jira resource - Getting the most out of it to solve various problems, integrating with other tools and automation.
- Assisting customers in making best use of the Atlassian product suite (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket) in order to deliver value to their business or organisation.
- Lead customer workshops and coaching sessions for customers
- Responsible for helping customers to integrate systems, automate processes and achieve efficiencies. This typically ranges from providing expert guidance and solution design to “hands-on” work with product setup, migrations, upgrades and performance tuning.
- Leading customer workshops to determine technical requirements and be able to discuss options and explain trade-offs and constraints.
- Also play an important role in presales - delivery product demos, offering solutions, providing estimates and producing proposals.
- Mentor to other consultants helping them grow their skills.
Atlassian Consultant in Valiantys, London, United Kingdon (November 2016 - December 2018 )
Technical Manager in Sparxsys Solutions Pvt. Ltd., Delhi, India (March 2010 - November 2016)
Learn Engineer in Alcatel-Lucent (now Nokia), Gurgaon, India (November 2007 - March 2014)
Project Coordinator in Kaplan Financial, Delhi, India (April 2005 - November 2007)
Implementation Analyst in eMind (now Kaplan Financial), Delhi, India (November 2004 - March 2005)
Account Manager in Olive e-business Pvt. Ltd., Delhi, India (April 2003 - October 2004)
- M-Tech (Computer Science) from IIT Delhi, Delhi 2005(drop out after 1st Sem)
- B-Tech (Information Technology) from Amity School of Engineering and Technology, GGSIPU, Delhi 1999-2003
- XIIth from D.L.D.A.V. Sr. Sec. Model School, Shalimar bagh 1998-1999
- Xth from D.L.D.A.V. Sr. Sec. Model School, Shalimar bagh 1996-1997
My full Resume: https://in.linkedin.com/in/ravisagar