For the past few days I am trying to setup Vagrant for uniform development environment in our company, personall I work on Windows 8.1, iMac, Fedora for development and our servers are running CentOS. It is pain I know.
I got up early at 3:55 AM in the morning today. It took me around 20 mins to get out of the bed. You know when you open your eyes in the morning the time you take to get out of the bed is inversly propotional to thing you achieve. The more time you take, less you achieve.
Two weeks backs I installed Fedora 11 on my Compaq Laptop. I last installed Fedora 8 in May last year when I bought my laptop and ever since I was using it. In the past one year F9 and F10 also came but I was too lazy to install them. Anyways I finally managed to installed F11 and I m glad I did.
1. My Wifi card was detected automatically. In F8 I had to install madwifi to use wifi on my laptop
2. It boots in seconds!! believe me you will get the login screen in just 20 sec
3. It looks good. I am a KDE fan and I am happy to see major change in KDE after a long time.
4. Laptop keys for sound control works in KDE
5. Package Manager works well.
1. Laptop Keys for brightness control does not work in KDE, it works on GNOME though. I am still finding a way to enable those keys. I found an alternative to directly reduce the LCD brightness. Just issue this command as root
sh -c 'echo 0 > /sys/devices/virtual/backlight/acpi_video0/brightness'
2. There is no progress bar in the package Manager.
I know I am late. I installed firefor3 on my fedora 8 just three weeks back. I have been using FF3 on windows workstation in office ever since it was launched.
When I installed FF3 I noticed that the flash content is not working in it, though I have it installed on my system. I searched around the internet and found this way around.
ln -s /usr/lib/firefox-184.108.40.206/plugins/libflashplayer.so /usr/lib/firefox3/plugins/libflasplayer.so
You just need to link the flash module from your old firefox folder to the new folder.
My friend Nikhil finally installed Fedora on his system. I am glad that he installed fedora.
Check out the below link to install the most common softwares required for daily use and to make Fedora more user friendly.
I am using Linux for so many years now but I also keep windows installed on my PC. I need windows just for one damn single thing, 5.1 sound! I was never able to enable 5.1 on fedora.
Want to contact me?
Social and other Links
- RSS Feed
- @ravisagar on Twitter
- Ravi Sagar YouTube: Atlassian tools and Jira tutorials
- Ravi Sagar LBRY: Synced with Ravi Sagar YouTube
- Blackberry Boy YouTube: Linux, Emacs, Org Mode and tech tutorials
- Ravi Sagar Jira Podcast
- @ravisagar.in on Instagram
- Ravi.pro: site published with Org Mode, general IT and tech stuff
- LinuxIndya.com: site published with Org Mode on Linux
- AutoGrid.info: site published with Org Mode on Excel VBA and Google Apps Script
My content is free and I want to keep it that way. So in case you want to donate direct or indirect, I will appreciate. Even if you share my content further that is also great.