Atlassian JIRA 7 is an enterprise issue tracker system. One of its key strengths is its ability to adapt to the needs of an organization, ranging from building software products to managing your support issues.
This book provides a comprehensive explanation covering all three components of JIRA 7, such as JIRA Software, JIRA Core, and Jira Service Desk. It shows you how to master the key functionalities of JIRA and its customizations and useful add-ons, and is packed with real-world examples and use cases.
You will first learn how to plan for a JIRA 7 installation and fetch data. We cover JIRA reports in detail, which will help you analyze your data effectively. You can add additional features to your JIRA application by choosing one of the already built-in add-ons or building a new one to suit your needs.
Then you'll find out about implementing Agile methodologies in JIRA by creating Scrum and Kanban boards. We'll teach you how to integrate your JIRA Application with other tools such as Confluence, SVN, Git, and more, which will help you extend your application. Finally, we'll explore best practices and troubleshooting techniques to help you find out what went wrong and understand how to fix it.
What You Will Learn
- Plan the installation and upgrade of your JIRA instance to the newest version
- Configure issue type schemes, create customized workflows, modify permission schemes, and change notification schemes
- Implement JIRA Service Desk to manage your support tickets
- Customize JIRA for test management, helpdesk, and requirement management
- Deploy JIRA for Agile tracking using the Scrum and Kanban techniques
- Develop JIRA add-ons to extend JIRA's functionality
- Migrate data from external systems using CSV import
- Integrate your JIRA application with third-party tools such as Confluence, SVN, and Git
Table of Contents
1: PLANNING YOUR JIRA INSTALLATION
2: SEARCHING IN JIRA
3: REPORTING – USING CHARTS TO VISUALIZE THE DATA
4: CUSTOMIZING JIRA FOR TEST MANAGEMENT
5: UNDERSTANDING ZEPHYR AND ITS FEATURES
6: SAMPLE IMPLEMENTATION OF USE CASES
7: USER MANAGEMENT, GROUPS, AND PROJECT ROLES
8: CONFIGURING JIRA USER DIRECTORIES TO CONNECT WITH LDAP, CROWD, AND JIRA USER SERVER
9: JIRA ADD-ON DEVELOPMENT AND LEVERAGING THE REST API
10: IMPORTING AND EXPORTING DATA IN JIRA AND MIGRATING CONFIGURATION
11: WORKING WITH AGILE BOARDS IN JIRA SOFTWARE
12: JIRA ADMINISTRATION WITH SCRIPTRUNNER AND THE CLI ADD-ON
13: DATABASE ACCESS
14: CUSTOMIZING LOOK, FEEL, AND BEHAVIOR
15: IMPLEMENTING JIRA SERVICE DESK
16: INTEGRATING JIRA WITH COMMON ATLASSIAN APPLICATIONS AND OTHER TOOLS
17: JIRA BEST PRACTICES
18: TROUBLESHOOTING JIRA
Paperback: 450 pages